Main purpose of job:
As a key member of the Training and Compliance team you will be responsible for ensuring the highest level of service and compliance through the training of the Terminal Services team and in line with the Terminal Security Management system (SeMs). Training must be delivered to a standard that reaches the CAA Quality Assurance Standards for Certified Trainers. You will work to continuously improve the standards whilst providing service excellence to passengers, customers and visitors of the airport, also ensuring compliance with all legislative, local and London City Airport procedures.
Main tasks of the job:
- To deliver London City Airport and Department for Transport (DfT) & CAA approved training materials to Terminal & Security staff, keeping full and complete training records for all staff in order to ensure they are effective in their roles and the service they provide.
- To continuously improve the performance and standards of the Terminal Services team and processes, through performance monitoring and auditing to ensure compliance with all DfT and airport regulations whilst ensuring the highest level of customer care. To ensure appropriate action is taken upon identifying non-compliance with regulations or processes.
- To attend and pass all external & DfT courses to become an approved Aviation Security Trainer, including Level 1,2,3 Security Training, RFX, AET to level 3 and IQA (TAQA) standard.
- To achieve Certified Instructor Status with the CAA, and work with the Training & Compliance Manager to maintain a Quality Assurance Framework for Training that is accredited by the CAA.
- To design and deliver various training programs to enable all Terminal Services staff to deliver high performance and outstanding customer service
- To ensure emergency procedures training is delivered to new and existing Terminal Services staff
- Responsible for the implementation and the updating of operational protocols & Standard Operating Procedures.
- Conduct detailed Internal Audits against CAA Aviation Security regulations and produce high quality reports.
- Review Security Officer Competencies to ensure they meet the required standards of LCY and CAA. Provide feedback, coaching and mentoring as required.
- To act as a role model to new and existing staff and forge professional and effective working relationships with Management, Team Leaders, Airline Customers and their representatives, in order to continuously improve and develop London City Airport’s reputation.
Skills and Attributes
- A proven track record in delivering training and administration with good communication and interpersonal skills at all levels
- Strong leadership and management experience an advantage
- Comfortable with public speaking and delivering presentations in an easy and engaging way
- Audit experience and an understanding of Quality Assurance desirable
- Ability to lead motivate a team professionally and develop staff to meet the high expectations of the customer
- Experience of statistical analysis and strategic planning
- AET Level 3 essential
- Good IT skills to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio
- Enthusiastic, motivated with an can do attitude
London City Airport is open up to 20 hours a day over 7 days of the week therefore flexibility with regard to hours will be required
An average of 40 hours per week, the hours during which cover is currently required are on a rotating roster that includes weekends and public holidays. This rotating roster covers: Monday to Friday 06.00 – 20.00. Saturday 06.00 - 13.00 and Sunday 11.00 - 20.00
These times are subject to change due to future operational requirements.
There may be occasional out of hours call outs to attend, including nights and other unsocial times.