We are looking for a Regional Engineering Manager for our Integrated Facilities Management business line.
We’re JLL. We’re a professional services and investment management firm specializing in real estate. We help organizations around the world achieve their ambitions by owning, occupying and investing in real estate.
If you’re looking to step up your career, JLL is the perfect professional home. At JLL, you’ll have a chance to innovate with the world’s leading businesses, put that expertise into action on landmark projects, and work on game-changing real estate initiatives. You’ll also make long-lasting professional connections through sharing different perspectives, and you’ll be inspired by the best. We’re focused on opportunity and want to help you make the most of yours. Achieve your ambitions – join us at JLL!
The Engineering & Operations Solutions team operates a professional Centre of Excellence platform ‘independent of the account’ that leverages JLL’s global presence and expertise to deliver international best practice to our clients across EMEA.
EOS is a team of subject matter experts who implement JLL’s (Integral) engineering solutions across all client accounts. The team provides tactical field support which includes the appropriate governance of JLL’s engineering strategy to ensure our legal and contractual obligations are consistently fulfilled.
JLL is the only major real estate firm that maintains a staff of senior Regional Engineering Managers whose mission is to provide world class operational expertise.
What this job involves
Health, Safety & Environment
Enforce a zero tolerance to unsafe working practices and target a zero accident rate.
Global Critical Environments Board
EOS has a seat on the Global Critical Environments Management Board representing EMEA. The Regional Engineering Manager will be required to support account customers with managing risk within their respective Critical Environments. The Regional Engineering Manager will need to collaborate with global/regional counterparts across both the Engineering and IFM businesses.
Transition (mobilisation) Management
Responsible for ensuring; all transitions (i.e. mobilisation of new engineering business) and subsequent transformation work is executed strictly in accordance with JLL’s + Integral’s approved operational protocols under the direction of the Head of Engineering Services Transitions.
Subject Matter Expertise
EOS has experience across all M&E operational disciplines and market sectors i.e. industrial, manufacturing and commercial real estate. The Regional Engineering Manager will be proficient within their discipline and will need to be able to work across a number of interrelated Workstreams, for example;
- Business Solutioning,
- Transition Management,
- Operational Management,
- Project Management,
- Compliance and Audit
2nd Tier Technical Support
The EOS team assist in the development of marketing materials that articulate JLL’s approach to the engineering services, demonstrating the firm’s capabilities to new clients during business pursuits i.e. working closely with business solutions during the RFI/RFP process.
The team additionally provides technical support to the IFM account leadership (FM’s) in following areas;
- Accountable for ensuring staff are competent (supporting the recruitment process) technically to carry out their assigned duties,
- Deliver and support JLL’s Next Generation of Maintenance strategies and technology platforms being implemented across EMEA,
- Provide escalation / crisis management for all accounts where JLL are engaged
- Recruitment or transfer of technical staff using the EOS assessment tool,
- Induction and on boarding of new technical staff,
- Work as JLL’s authorising engineers (AE’s) supporting JLL’s account embedded authorising persons (AP’s) for High Voltage/ Low Voltage, Confined Spaces and Mechanical Pressure Systems,
- Liaise with the EHS team assisting with any technical issues arising from an incident, near miss, investigation or other circumstances which require an engineering subject matter expert,
- Conducting competency assessments of site teams independent of the account to identify training needs,
- Management of scenario, integrated system and black building testing,
- Independent advice of a technical nature, i.e. validating suppliers recommendations,
- Assist account teams with the commercial review of engineering service providers,
- Liaise with procurement teams ensuring contracts with vendors are appropriate i.e. specification led, value for money and performance metrics are clearly monitored,
- Participate in the EMEA Engineering forum, driving innovation across accounts ensuring that best practice is being implemented consistently.
Operations compliance Programme (OCP)
Responsible for supporting the business in executing the EMEA Compliance Programme i.e. provide training, mentoring, auditing the Engineering business for compliance against in country (UK) statutory compliance and JLL best practice.
Root Cause Analysis (RCA)
Following an incident the Regional Engineering Manager, when call to do so, will carry an independent investigation to establish the root cause using JLL’s RCA tool. Managing corrective actions to full reinstatement and sharing lessons learnt across the wider business as appropriate.
EOS delivers Safe System of Work training during transition using both formal training documents and interactive sessions encouraging questions and debate. Competency assessments were introduced for recruitment/interviewing and to identify the immediate training needs of the account technicians.
The Regional Manager will support the development of training plans to enhance and develop the skills of technicians, ensuring they remain competent to carry out their assigned duties and where possible to reduce the reliance on 3rd party suppliers
EOS provides in house consultancy works including; asset validation, condition survey and life cycle planning for Corporate Occupiers and Landlord Investors. The Regional Engineering Manager will be required to develop internal/external client relationship and to secure/execute M&E/IFM consultancy mandates i.e. to generate margin.
NB: Extensive travel may be required at short notice across EMEA.
Other duties as assigned by the Head of EOS
Sound like you? To apply you need to be / have:
- Technically qualified professional mechanical or electrical engineer,
- Multi-disciplined experience,
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills,
- Ability to work in team, matrix environment and remotely,
- Strong communication skills, written and spoken,
- Skilled in managing vendor contracts,
- Skilled in commercial management of engineering contracts,
- Appointment as “Authorising Engineer” designated to ensure staff are competent technically to carry out assigned duties
- Practical working knowledge of best practice tools and techniques,
- Practical experience in Hard Services contract management and delivery,
- Systematic approach with good attention to detail,
- Excellent customer service ethic and a flexible approach to meeting client requirements
- Proven self-starter that consistently delivers to outcome specifications,
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in plant operational management,
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in Senior Management (Operations Manager or above)
- A Chartered Engineer or qualifications leading to (working towards) registration e.g. MSc in Electrical or Mechanical Building Services or,
- European Ing or qualifications leading to registration i.e. German Diplom-Ingenieur (Dipl.-Ing.) or equivalent or,
- ONC/HNC Mechanical Building Services.
- Suitably qualified as Authorising Engineer for Electrical/Mechanical systems i.e. High Voltage, Confined Spaces or Pressure Systems working,
Health and Safety Qualification i.e. NEBOSH general certificate in occupational health and safety.
What you can expect from us
You’ll join an entrepreneurial, inclusive culture. One where we succeed together – across the desk and around the globe. Where like-minded people work naturally together to achieve great things.
Our Total Rewards program reflects our commitment to helping you achieve your ambitions in career, recognition, wellbeing, benefits and pay.
Join us to develop your strengths and enjoy a fulfilling career full of varied experiences. Keep those ambitions in sights and imagine where JLL can take you...
Apply today at jll.com/careers.