This position has a strong focus on maintaining, troubleshooting and repairing facility equipment on all Mechanical Systems. Individuals are expected to demonstrate technical expertise in HVAC maintenance and troubleshooting and be multi-skilled in other areas (plumbing, electrical) in order to successfully complete daily / weekly work assignments.
Summary of Responsibilities
- Regular and predictable attendance required to provide service to client and team
- Requires the ability to analyze the operation of various systems, determine the cause of any problems / malfunctions and make recommendations to management on the corrective action as required.
- Performs preventive maintenance on all base building and critical HVAC system equipment which includes but not limited to: assembling all tools, supplies and instruments necessary to complete the job, performing work with a minimum amount disruption, conducting immediate clean-up of work area, completing the preventive task sheet, returning tools to workshop, and unused supplies to store room, reporting any equipment problems, impending supply or material shortages to site leadership.
- Completes various duties related to Painting, Carpentry, Flooring, Cabinetry, plumbing, roofing and related tasks, under the direction of the supervisor and/or designee.
- Removes furniture, equipment, shelving, fixtures, etc. from work area. Installs and/or repairs drywall and plaster. Applies corner beads, tapes, patches, sands, strips, washes and primes surfaces, returns areas to working order when project is completed.
- Inspects various damaged surfaces (e.g., plaster, drywall, water-damaged areas, ceiling and wall cracks) for remodeling.
- Must use tools and equipment appropriately while contributing to a safe working environment.
- General building maintenance duties including but not limited to Painting – interiors and exteriors; hanging wall coverings; Hanging and finishing drywall and plaster; Estimating projects and ordering materials; Framing; Plumbing; Maintain and repair locks, locking mechanisms, closers, doors, and controllers; Maintain lightbulbs / change ballasts.
- Any and all other duties and tasks assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 3+ years of relevant experience (painter/paperhanger, building maintenance experience, Carpentry)
- Ability to use technology to include MS Office products, smartphone, computer, web applications
- Knowledge of OSHA standards and local codes.
- Team player, hard worker, good interpersonal skills, ability to communicate well in both oral and written reports
- Good verbal and written communications skills are required.
Physical work requirements and work conditions
- Stand and walk for prolonged periods.
- Regularly lift, move and/or carry up to 10 pounds; Frequently lift, move and/or carry up to 25 pounds; occasionally lift, move and/or carry up to 50 pounds.
- Perform overhead work often while balanced standing on a ladder.
- Bend, kneel, twist and reach to get to areas difficult to access and/or confined areas like closets, crawl spaces, attics, etc.