We’re JLL. We’re a professional services and investment management firm specializing in real estate. We help organizations around the world achieve their ambitions by owning, occupying and investing in real estate.
If you’re looking to step up your career, JLL is the perfect professional home. At JLL, you’ll have a chance to innovate with the world’s leading businesses, put that expertise into action on landmark projects, and work on game-changing real estate initiatives. You’ll also make long-lasting professional connections through sharing different perspectives, and you’ll be inspired by the best. We’re focused on opportunity and want to help you make the most of yours. Achieve your ambitions – join us at JLL!
JLL is looking for a Bid Executive, with good creative and design skills, who will report into the Bid Manager to provide first class support to our Markets business which specialises in all areas of local, national and international property.
- Will to lead and manage both silver and gold level bids whilst implementing the full level bid process.
- Is experienced in Bid Management and has specialist depth and/or breadth of expertise.
- Will develop a good understanding of the business area and the wider JLL business and services offered.
- Will develop a good understanding of Sales and business development function, operation, goals, expectations and objectives.
- Interprets the overall bid team vision and objectives (set by Bid Director) and implements across their business groups
- Collaborates and provides flex across the wider bid team where required
Will support Senior/Associate Bid Manager in:
- Implementing and adhering to the bid process, including go no go decisions
- Driving continuous improvement in respect to bidding within their business group and the wider bid team
- Driving improvement in win rates across their business groups
What this job involves
- Is able to lead a bid strategy session for 'Silver' level bids and then develop a value proposition, win strategy and win themes (under the guidance of a senior bid manager)
- Write an Executive Summary (under the guidance of a senior bid manager)
- Work with Lead Director to ensure that the appropriate resources are in place and mobilised, including (if applicable): Commercial Director, Bid Mentor, SMEs, Design resource.
- Is able review and understand Clients bid briefing document
- Lead bid kick-off meetings using standard agenda, ensuring everyone involved is clear on their roles and responsibilities
- Agree our approach to bid and governance procedures
- Create and implement a bid resource and scheduling plan
- Ensure compliance with the Clients requirements
- Competently able to communicate with both internal stakeholders and external stakeholders as required
- Provide hands-on management and support including the drafting, editing and formatting
- Manage the interaction with bid designer (if applicable)
- Ensure the bid document is compelling, well written, attractive and accurate
- Manage version control
Bid Review & Sign-off
- Implement and manage content reviews
- Ensure an independent Bid Mentor review
- Liaise with Commercial Director (if applicable), COO or Lead Director for Commercial Sign-off
- Liaise with Lead Director for Qualitative sign-off
- Ensure bid is submitted in-line with Clients requirements
- Manage logistics - printing, courier booking, portal upload, e-mail etc.
- Issue final bid document to bid team
- Work with Lead Director to ensure that the appropriate resources are in place and mobilised, including (if applicable): Delivery team, Bid Mentor, SMEs, Design resource.
- Lead kick-off meeting to agree strategy, content, plan and roles & responsibilities
- Manage the content development
- Set up rehearsals
- Manage logistics for Client presentation
- Notify feedback manager of decision
- Attend internal de-brief
- Work with Client Feedback Manager to ensure feedback is obtained
- Capture and dissemination of feedback
Every day is different, and in all these activities, we’d encourage you to show your ingenuity.
Diversity and Inclusion is at the heart of JLL. We believe in recruiting, retaining, rewarding and developing all our employees with regard to their abilities and contributions and without reference to their background, gender, gender identity, ethnic origin, age, religion, sexual orientation, political belief, disability or long-term health condition.
We are committed to making all stages of our recruitment process and employment accessible to candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions. Please do feel able to be open about this at any point during the process and our recruitment team will work with you to establish the most appropriate adjustments. We are keen to support all our employees with juggling their work, personal and family commitments and alongside our approach to flexible working, we have a comprehensive parental transition support programme to assist parents during the early months and years of parenthood.
JLL Ltd is a Living Wage accredited business, as we believe a fair day’s work deserves a fair days pay. To find out more about our Living Wage accreditation please go here http://www.jll.co.uk/united-kingdom/en-gb/about/living-wage?devicechannel=default.
What you can expect from us
You’ll join an entrepreneurial, inclusive culture. One where we succeed together – across the desk and around the globe. Where like-minded people work naturally together to achieve great things.
Our Total Rewards program reflects our commitment to helping you achieve your ambitions in career, recognition, wellbeing, benefits and pay.
Join us to develop your strengths and enjoy a fulfilling career full of varied experiences. Keep those ambitions in sights and imagine where JLL can take you...
Apply today at jll.com/careers.