- Implement adherence to the operational risk framework to mitigate risks within the group.
- Understand the internal risk landscape and ensure that all key risks are identified, assessed, and managed.
- Identify existing controls and ensure they remain effective, robust and are being implemented to mitigate the risks.
- Identify areas of weakness and control failures and instigate process improvements to strengthen control and risk mitigation.
- Perform ‘2nd Line of Defence’ activities to monitor and report on the groups operational risks and operational risk events. Provide oversight and effective challenge over risks relating to business operations to influence senior management decision-making.
- Develop and maintain operational risk management frameworks, methodologies and independent assurance activities. Share and promote risk management best practices and consistency in approaches across the business.
- Assess operational practices and recommending improvements where necessary. Lead workshops to perform risk assessments and gain an understanding of the area being reviewed. Provide risk management training and education to all levels of employees.
- Develop and maintain risk registers for the various business entities.
- Regular risk reporting (KRI’s) and MI (Dashboards and reports) for multiple committees, board meetings and regulators. Track remediating actions are being carried out across the business.
Ability / Expertise
- Control function experience in a financial institution.
- Knowledge of operational risk frameworks and policies
- Technically competent to contribute towards the preparation and implementation of control processes, procedures and guidelines, in conjunction with company policies.
- Experience with regular reporting requirements.
- Ability to understand and interpret analytical data.
- Project management skills
- Experience in rolling out Risk and Control Self Assessments (RCSAs)
- Event reporting and thematic anlaysis
- Understanding of retail derivatives
- Understanding of cryptocurrency
- Ability to communicate effectively, build and maintain relationships with stakeholders (including Senior Management)
- Strong organistaional skills
- Clear expression of ideas and concepts both verbally and in writing.
- Strong attention to detail and follow up.
- Good networking skills.
- Works well under pressure, meets deadlines and manages both their own workload through strong time management and prioritisation skills
- Strong problem-solving skills, demonstrating logical and analytical approach.
- Self-motivated team player who is diligent, organised, flexible, open to change and has an attention to detail.
- Willingness to travel to international offices if required.