Forsman & Bodenfors is a global creative collective working to unlock the power of creativity through collaboration and build the most human and iconic brands and businesses in the world. Forsman & Bodenfors was founded in 1986 in Sweden with the vision of creating world-class communications for its clients. Twenty years later, the agency joined the MDC Partners family. In 2018, F&B joined forces with MDC’s New York-headquartered global creative agency, KBS, to form what is now a global creative collective under the Forsman & Bodenfors name.
Designed to bring a collaborative way of working creatively around the world, the global Forsman & Bodenfors collective brings together the industry’s most innovative talent, combining the signature Forsman & Bodenfors approach with specialized data, analytics, tech and media expertise. Our headquarters are in Sweden and New York, with 8 offices worldwide and around 700 employees globally. Some of our clients include Volvo, Procter & Gamble, H&M, HYATT, LG, Diageo, Adidas, Goldman Sachs, and Uber. For more information, visit forsman.co or @forsmanbodenforsny.
Forsman & Bodenfors is looking for a Head of Strategy to join our New York office. The Head of Strategy will contribute to the continual evolution of the strategy process and culture of Forsman & Bodenfors as a whole, and mentor a group of Strategists with a range of experience level and expertise within Brand Strategy and Engagement Strategy. They will collaborate with and champion all disciplines within our agency. This person will be a part of our NY Leadership team, and will report to the CEO of New York.
- Work within an integrated team of agency strategists—including brand, digital, social and content—to design, implement, and optimize inventive campaign strategies that drive real business impact
- Lead the team to elevate thinking and raise the bar of strategic output on each project
- Ensure projects are casted with the right strategic talent, and that each team member is set up for success
- Work collaboratively with all other departments throughout the process from concept to execution
- Pitch (and win) new business
- Establish strong trusted relationships with clients, ensuring that client expectations on strategic deliverables are being met
- Lead the development of creative briefs
- Conduct both primary and secondary, qualitative and quantitative research against client needs
- Ensure that client presentations are rooted in strong critical thinking and clear rationale for our recommendations
- Ensure work is measured, held accountable, and takeaways from measurement are fed back to make the work smarter
- Partner with our Communications lead to craft thought leadership pieces
- At least 10 years experience in strategy, consulting, account planning, brand planning, or cultural strategy
- You are a trusted and successful leader with years experience mentoring up and coming talent
- You can come up with BIG ideas that move the creative forward, and unlock potential in our clients businesses
- You can multitask, with a high degree of flexibility and fluidity and have an objective and positive approach
- You understand and are fascinated by culture, subcultures, and the things that move them
- Shown success in new business with the ability to prioritize multiple, concurrent projects and drive organic growth
Our principles + values:
- We always aim for world class. Does that seem like an obvious statement? Well, it isn’t. Most creative agencies aim for world class only with some clients – while we do it with all clients.
- The responsibility is yours. At Forsman & Bodenfors, no one will give you instructions. You are in charge, together with your team. Success is in your hands and no one will stand in your way.
- The collective is our Creative Director. Each integrated team, with its account, strategy, creative, media, tech, production and other team members, is expected to work closely and openly in an interdisciplinary way. The ideas that you create can only be truly integrated when you work in a collaborative, kind, generous and egoless way.
- “The Floor”. We call our collective work model “The Floor.” The name is from F&B’s early days when ideas were laid out on a floor for all to review and provide feedback. Today, “The Floor” exists both in the real world and virtually, facilitating global collaboration between offices.
- The only boss is the task itself. One of the biggest benefits of the Forsman & Bodenfors’ way of working is that it allows us to spend our time figuring out how to solve the problem.
- Strategy and Creative is one process. We pick up the client brief together, and from there it is up to us - strategists, account people, creatives, technologists, media planners, producers - as a team.
- We work closely with clients. Our clients will get to know the people who actually do the work. And the people who actually do the work will get to know the clients; their industry, their challenges, products, business, heritage, their soul.
- When it comes to recruiting, we want the right people, not just the right qualifications. When we hire, we look for two things. Specialists who respect and know how to play well with team members from other disciplines. Or Swiss Army knives: creatives who are strategic and strategists who are creative, media people who can code, engineers who are designers, producers who can edit. All have to be collaborators and entrepreneurs.
- We embrace a “no frills” approach. Let’s apply a common-sense filter on everything. Let’s make the complicated simple. Let’s make sure we know enough to say what needs to be said in a few powerful words. Let’s make presentations that our mothers and fathers would understand and our best friends would like. Let’s be stupid smart. It takes some confidence, but we have it.
- Forsman & Bodenfors is a human workplace. We are committed to creating and fostering a collaborative, diverse and inclusive culture and work environment across the global collective. The richness of different ideas, backgrounds and perspectives creates world-class creativity. Diversity is what makes the difference. Inclusion brings us together.
- We can make the world better (or worse). We have the power to change things. Opinions, ideals, attitudes and what people choose to do. And we want to have a positive impact, not only on our clients’ business, but also on society.