Join EY Tax as a tax professional and you’ll be helping international and multinational companies align their global tax position with their business strategy, in order to maintain competitive advantage and provide shareholder value.
The International Tax Services team and our team has advised on many of the high profile transactions and deals reported in the press over the past few years with top Financial Services multinationals and continues to secure some of the most interesting work in the market. Our partners are well known and respected in the market and the work is technically challenging, creative and requires you to work closely with our clients’ businesses.
This is a period of unprecedented change in the global international tax arena, which is resulting in huge demand in the market for the international tax services (ITS).
We have ambitious growth plans in our Financial Services ITS team. If you’re a manager with an interest in Banking and/or Asset Management and want to further develop or build on your industry knowledge, you can be certain that as a Tax Manager within our FS team you’ll be joining a group which offers you unrivalled opportunities to work on a broad range of advisory opportunities from smaller inbound clients to huge multinationals. Our close working relationship with our transaction tax group enables us to advise on the structuring aspects of some of the largest corporate M&A deals also.
Your key responsibilities
- Contributing to building and maintaining key client relationships by delivering exceptional client service - manage the successful delivery of tax projects, ensuring technical excellence and practical/business driven approach taken
- Identifying and driving opportunities –use your knowledge gained from other projects and from our knowledge sharing sessions and technical training to add input to projects and proposals
- Building your own strong client and internal relationships - develop and use your relationship skills to create your own external and internal networks in the Banking or Asset Management markets
- Counsel and develop junior staff through delegation and on the job training
Skills and attributes for success
- Strong tax advisory technical skills
- Client driven and strategically and commercially aware
- Excellent communicator in a range of situations both written and oral.
- Enthusiastic and flexible attitude to work
- Strong and motivated team player
- Coaching and developing more junior staff
To qualify for the role you must have
- Expertise in international tax
- Any of the following preferred: ACA / CTA / legal qualification or equivalent
- Previous people management
- Experience of coaching and developing more junior team members
- Experience of working with financial services clients
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Project management skills, plan and prioritize work, meet deadlines, monitor own budget
What we look for
You’ll proactively maintain your technical knowledge by keeping abreast of global developments in UK and international tax concepts and issues so that you can better advise our clients.
The types of project you’ll contribute towards may include:
- Expansion into new markets
- Pre- merger reorganisations and post-merger integration
- Organisational structure rationalisation
- Business model redesign
- Optimisation of capital structure and financing
- Managing the risk arising from global law change such as BEPS
- Lobbying and negotiation with tax authorities in UK and globally
In return we’ll provide investment in the right sort of training and offer you the opportunities on projects and assignments that will develop and challenge you so that you’re in the best place to further develop as tax professional.
Whatever the projects and assignments you work on you can be confident that you’re contributing towards helping our clients to develop and execute their international tax strategy ensuring technical excellence and providing the highest levels of client service.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.